Dear Friends and supporters of Kidz Klub Leeds,
First of all let me thank you for your wonderful and ongoing support for Kidz Klub. It was 1999 when a number of churches started working together to look at how we could reach out to the unchurched children in the city. The result was the launch of Kidz Klub Leeds and on the 4thMarch 2000 four buses brought 248 children to the first Saturday morning Kidz Klub.
13 years on we have opened satellites in Beeston, Middleton and Bramley working with local churches and local people. Each week of term time up to 600 children attend Kidz Klub sessions and over 1,400 children are visited at home. Simply through the work in 34 primary schools Kidz Klub reaches 9,000 children every year. One head teacher said,“Kidz Klub is the most consistent project or programme I have ever seen in this community.” Each Christmas it is our privilege to give out over 150 hampers to the most in need families and provide many other small projects, including taking targeted children on two annual camps.
I have no doubt whatsoever that Kidz Klub has brought many many children into a relationship with Jesus, changed the lives of so many young people and blessed the poorest communities in the city. As one of our young volunteers, and ex-Kidz Klub child, said recently, “I wouldn’t be who I am today if it weren’t for Kidz Klub.”
So what is the problem? It’s financial. Kidz Klub does staggering work on a very tight budget, but one off gifts and the size of trust awards have decreased over the last few years. So what does this mean?
· Kidz Klub needs £27,000 by the end of August in order to continue into next year
· Kidz Klub faces cutting vast parts of what it does, meaning losing contact with up to 1,000 children each week
We have already made cuts in what we do and the Kidz Klub staff are working hard applying to grant making trusts, contacting big donors, running events and saving wherever they can. Kidz Klub has this year also launched a social enterprise, Little Stars, to open up a new source of income in the future. But much of this will pay off in the long term. I am writing as chair of Trustees to ask you to help us right now.
What you can do:
· Ask your church to support Kidz Klub this year by making a contribution or taking up a special offering
· Become a Friend of Kidz Klub, a monthly financial supporter, using the form attached. Giving just £5 a month would pay for a child to go to Kidz Klub and be visited at home each week
· Give a one off gift – just £10 can make a huge difference
· Give online at localgiving.com/charity/kidzklubleeds
· Give by texting KIDZ44 £10 to 70070 to donate £10 – or pop in whatever amount you want to give
· Forward this email to others who may want to help
If you want to know more, how you can help in any other way then do contact Sarah, Laura or Owen at the Kidz Klub office on:
t. 0113 245 6533
Thank you for reading this letter and considering your part in supporting this city wide ministry.
Chair of Trustees, Kidz Klub Leeds
Pastor, Bridge Street Church