NEWS, EVENTS, JOBS for WEST & NORTH YORKSHIRE CHURCHES
SELECTED ECUMENICAL EVENTS
- MISSION SHAPED MINISTRY. A regional ecumenical training course for 2014 in Fresh Expressions of Church. Details.
- UNITY POST. We’re not quite sure yet the exact form that WYEC communications will take in 2014, but it’s clear that we won’t be producing a Unity Post newspaper in the same way as in the past. We still want to hear your stories and photos though! We’ll let you know about a replacement soon.
- WYEC CONSULTATIONS: we’ve just held a training session for Local Ecumenical Partnerships. Consultations for Churches Together groups will be coming soon. Watch this space!
- UNITY PREACHING. If you would like someone to talk to a church group about unity, or would like a preacher for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity (or any other time), or someone to encourage your local Churches Together group, please get in touch.
- TOUR DE FRANCE: looking further ahead to 2014, do you have any outline plans for how you will respond in your area? Please let WYEC know if you do.
- MENTORING YOUNG PEOPLE on the margins in your community. Explore possibilities for your church: www.xlm.org.uk.
- FACEBOOK AND TWITTER. WYEC is on Twitter. Check us out on @wyec1. And our Facebook page has lots of your photos: keep sending them in!
- HALIFAX. The amazing Food and Support Drop-In in Halifax needs a voluntary treasurer.
- LEEDS. Joanna, prostitution project, needs a voluntary trustee; and LASSN, asylum project, needs volunteers for Grace Hosting (providing occasional overnight accommodation).
Please send all your news and events to . Thank you!--
The Revd. Dr. Clive Barrett,
County Ecumenical Development Officer and Executive Secretary,
West Yorkshire Ecumenical Council,
62 Headingley Lane,
Leeds, LS6 3PJ.